Experiencing Leaks or Other Problems with Your Tile Roofing System?
For trusted tile roof repair and restoration services that can maintain the strength and extend the life of your roofing system, A.A.T. employs the contractors and roofing experts that East Florida homeowners and property managers have relied on for over 40 years.
Some tile roofing problems are obvious, as in the case of broken or cracked tiles and corrosion that can be seen during a visual inspection. In the absence of any exterior tile or roofing damage, however, leaks may occur as a result of worn and rotting felt, or underlayment, beneath the tiles. During storms or hurricanes, wind-driven rain can blow water underneath the tiles.
Over time, this protective layer will deteriorate and require replacement. While the tiles themselves may not require replacement (as long as they aren't damaged), they will have to be removed in order for the underlayment to be replaced. An experienced roofing contractor familiar with tile roofing systems, such as those at A.A.T., will make this process appear quick and easy, though it is actually rather complex and demanding work.
Whether your tiles are made of clay or concrete, metal or synthetic material, some tile roof problems are relatively common, including:
- Cracked or Sliding Tiles – Apart from the task of replacing broken tiles, exposure of the underlayment beneath the tiles can deteriorate the roof’s protective layer causing extensive leakage into your attic and home.
- Poor Tile Quality – Some tile manufacturers skimp on quality to lower the cost of production. And some tile roofing installers will use these poor quality products to raise their bottom line. A.A.T. is not one of them. Cheap tiles are much more susceptible to weather or age related damage.
- Roof Edge Damage – Often caused by improperly installed gutters, or backed up drainage systems, tile roof edge damage not only lowers the curb value of your home, it can also be indicative of deeper rooted damage.
- Corrosion – Corrosion of fasteners or metal tiles is common in areas known for heavy rainfall and salt in the air. When not addressed promptly, corrosion can lead to extensive roofing damage.
- Valley Failure – Excessive water pooling in roofing valleys, or water that is not properly channeled, can damage tiles and the felt underneath leading to expensive damage repair to the interior structure of your home or facility.
Schedule Your Tile Roof Repair Today!
For tile roof repair, call (386) 767-1886 for a free estimate. With industry leading warranties, as well as an additional five-year labor warranty above and beyond manufacturer requirements, your tile roofing will maintain its strength and appearance for years to come. In the greater Daytona Beach, Palm Coast, New Smyrna Beach, and St. Augustine areas, contact us today!